He studied computer science at the University of Milano, Italy and got is PhD in 1996 from the Free University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Currently he is member of the research group cluster Foundations of Software Technology at LIACS and of the research group Formal Methods at the Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science (CWI) in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Marcello Bonsangue is programme director of the Master in Computer Science, study advisor for the Master in Computer Science, chair of the Bachelor Educational Committee, LIACS coordinator for the Erasmus and International students, member of the Scientific Council, and member of the Admission Committee Master Studies at LIACS.
Fundamentele Informatica 2 - fall 2015
Testing Object-Oriented Systems - fall 2015
Introduction to Logic - spring 2016
Foundations of computer science: Algebra, coalgebra, automata theory, modal logic, category theory, type theory, domain theory, metric spaces, program semantics.
Formal methods: program verification and specification, model checking, testing of software systems, process and object-oriented calculi, coordination languages, pi-calculus, reasoning with names.
- COiN: Coalgebra in NL
- Object-Oriented Languages and Systems (OOPS), 4--8 April, 2016, Pisa, Italy.
- Software Paradigm Trends (ICSOFT-PT 2016), Lisbon, Portugal, 24--26 July 2016.
- Theoretical Aspect of Software Engineering (TASE 2016), ECNU campus, Shanghai, P.R. of China, 17-19 July 2016.
- Service-Oriented and Cloud Computing (SOCC 2016), Vieanna, Austria, 5 - 7 September 2016.
- NWO: ECoPro: Enhanced Coinductive Proofs (2014-2018)
- NWO: CoRE: Coinductive Calculi of Regular Expressions (2010 - 2015)
- COST Action: Formal Verification of Object-Oriented Software
- Member of the IFIP WG 1.3 "Foundations of System Specification".
- Member of the IEEE Benelux Embedded System Chapter.
- Member of the editorial board of the Journal of Software Academy Publisher.
- Member of the editorial board of Open Computer Science, De Gruyter Open .
- Member of the Steering Committee of CMCS
- Jurriaan Rot (completed in Oct 2015)
- Joost Winter (completed in Jul 2014)
- Georgiana Caltais (completed in Dec 2013)
- Stijn de Gouw (completed in Dec 2013)
- Mohammad Izadi (completed in Dec 2011)
- Alexandra Silva (completed in Dec 2010)
- Andreas Gruener (completed in 2010)
- Andries Stam (completed 2009)
- Joost Jacob (completed 2008)
- Juan Guillen Scholten (completed 2007)