- Ontologies and Semantic Reasoning.
- Image databases
Previously assisted in the courses:
- Laura M.F. Bertens, Joris Slob and Fons J. Verbeek, A generic organ based ontology system, applied to vertebrate heart anatomy, development and physiology, Journal of Integrative Bioinformatics, 8(2):167, 2011.
- Joris Slob, Amalia Kallergi, Julia Dmitrieva and Fons J. Verbeek, Towards Metadata Patterns in Image Databases, Supplementary Proceedings of Pattern Recognition in Bioinformatics, 5th IAPR International Conference, PRIB2010, Nijmegen, The Netherlands, Suptember 22-24, 2010
- Joris Slob, Amalia Kallergi and Fons J. Verbeek, Observations on Semantic Annotation of Microscope Images for Life Sciences, Proceedings of the workshop Semantic Web Applications and Tools for Life Sciences (SWAT4LS) CEUR-Workshop Proceedings ISSN 1613-0073, Volume 559 (Eds. Marshall, S.M.,Burger A.,Romano P.,Paschke A.,Splendiani A.) Amsterdam, The Netherlands, November 20, 2009
- Joris Slob and Maarten H. Lamers, The Human Processor: changing the relation between human and computer, Proceedings of the 13th Computer-Human Interaction Netherlands Conference, June 2009, Leiden (The Netherlands), pp 75-79.