Applying for a Master Diploma
The Thesis Defence
The thesis defence is almost always the last part of your master before you can receive your diploma. It will be organized separately from the Graduation Ceremony. You can reserve a room for your defence in the Snellius building via Abdel El Boujadayni. The date for the defence can be scheduled in cooperation with your thesis supervisors. The members of your examination committee (present at thesis defence) should get a paper copy of your final version of the thesis at least 5 working days before your thesis defence. Unless otherwise stated, your defence is partially public. Family and friends are welcome.
Cover page Master Thesis
There are some requirements for the cover page of the Master Thesis. A cover page is available in Word
The formal graduation date is the last day of the month in which you have met all the requirements of the ICT in Business programme. If this day is in the weekend, it will be the last Friday of the month. The graduation date is recorded in your transcripts and also on your diploma. The graduation date doesn‘™t correspond to the graduation ceremony date which is just the date you receive your actual diploma. For dates, see below.
Students who are close to their thesis defence, must apply for the Master‘™s Graduation as soon as they know their defence date. If you are planning to graduate in August or September, you should apply for your Masters Graduation before 1July!
Follow the procedure:
- on your student card: your date of birth
- in uSis: if your name is spelled correctly
- in uSis: if all the courses and grades are in your course history as well as in your academic requirements. If this is not the case, please take care that all the courses and grades are in the course history. The two most common situations:
- You don't find your electives in uSis. Please send in Petion Requests in uSis, one per elective. More information about how to do it can be found in: uSis help.
- You do miss one or more grades for obligatory courses in your Academic Requirements. Please get in contact with the Programme Co-ordinator.
- Contact Judith Havelaar (Programme Co-ordinator) who will verify that you will soon meet the requirements of your approved program of study and provide her with:
- the names of your supervisors
- the prospected thesis defence date
- an electronic version (pdf) of your Master Thesis with the statement whether or not your thesis is confidential
Unless you explicitly do not want to take part in it, Judith Havelaar will put your name on the list for the next possible Graduation Ceremony. Between receiving your last grade and the Ceremony date and must be a period of at least 3 weeks because of administrative reasons.
Master‘s Graduation Ceremony
The Graduation Ceremony takes place four times a year (for dates see below) in the Academic Building, Rapenburg 70. In this ceremony you will receive the MSc in ICT in Business diploma from the Board of Examiners. Friends and family are welcome to witness this formal and festive occasion.
Dates for the Master‘s Graduation Ceremony in ICT in Business:
- Friday 7 July 2017
- Friday 29 September 2017
- Friday 8 December 2017
- Friday 2 March 2018
- Friday 29 June 2018
- Friday 28 September 2018
The Graduation Ceremony starts at 14.30hrs. On 29 September 2017 and 28 September 2018 the ceremony will take place between 13.00-17.00hrs.
Termination of registration
As soon as you have completed your masters (that is the day when you have met all the requirements for your master, mostly the thesis defence day) and will not continue studying, you should terminate your registration at Leiden University, via Studielink. Don't wait for the administrative processing of your diploma! As long as you haven't terminate your registration via Studielink, you continue paying tuition fee! Unless you have completed your masters in June, July or August, your tuition fee will be reimbursed for each remaining month in the academic year. More information: http://students.leiden.edu/your-study/registration/student-registration.html.